Cotswold Cottages - Bourton-on-the-Water
The Cotswolds are renowned for being an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Cotswold Cottages are set in the heart of some of the UK’s most picturesque and unspoilt countryside. Home to the river Windrush, you may hear Bourton-on-the-Water referred to as the ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’. Clear, glimmering water and delicate low bridges earn it this name.
The Cotswold Cottages are in a picture-perfect village setting, however you don't have to travel very far to pick up every day basics as just over the road from the cottages you'll find a convenience store, chemist, bank, Post Office and Tourist Information Office, all just a few hundred yards walk away. On the village outskirts - just a ten minute walk or two minute drive - there's also a large supermarket to pick up essentials for your stay. You'll also find bus stops within a minute’s walk from the cottages, where you can catch a bus to nearby places of interest including Cheltenham, Cirencester, Stow-on-the-Wold and Moreton-in-the-Marsh. During the day and evening there are plenty of places to eat and drink, or even get a take-away , all within easy walking distance, ideal if you don't fancy doing much driving.
Cotswold Cottages are self catering holiday cottages, ideally situated in historic Gloucestershire, many famous towns and cities are only a few miles away making the Cotswold Cottages the perfect base to explore the area.
- Cheltenham – Regency Spa Town and famous race course, 18 miles
- Cirencester – Roman Amphitheatre, 18 miles
- Leamington Spa and Warwick Castle – Royal Pump Rooms, 25 miles
- Oxford – world famous University and home of the English Dictionary, 40 miles
- Stratford – birthplace of Shakespeare, 25 miles
- Blenheim Palace - World Heritage Site and birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill
Our pick of the best local attractions
Bourton-on-the-Water, is well recognised as one of the prettiest villages in England and has a wealth of tearooms, shops, pubs, restaurants. It also plays host to a large number of visitor attractions, including CSMA Club’s own Motoring Museum.As a guest staying at the Cotswold Cottages, you'll receive free entry to the museum, which is a nostalgic day out for all the family. You'll also receive a voucher pack on your arrival giving you discounts to some of the best local attractions and shops in Bourton-on-the-Water.
- Cotswold Motoring Museum - Full of vintage and classic vehicles, motoring curiosities, toys and memorabilia, the Cotswold Motoring Museum is a fascinating historical journey that the whole family will enjoy! Cotswold Motor Museum »
- Cotswold Motoring Museum Gift Shop - open daily from 10am to 6pm between February to early December
- Birdland – seven acres of woodland, river and gardens inhabited by over 500 birds birdland.co.uk »
- Bourton Model Railway – some of the finest model railways in the country bourtonmodelrailway.co.uk »
- Cotswold Farm Park – a rare breed farm cotswoldfarmpark.co.uk »
- Keith Harding’s World of Mechanical Music – a living Museum of self-playing instruments mechanicalmusic.co.uk »
- The Cotswold Perfumery – the only exhibition of its kind in Europe, with perfumes manufactured on the premises cotswold-perfumery.co.uk »
|Cotswold Motoring Museum – The Old Mill||01451 821255||Free entry for guests|
|Birdland Park and Gardens – Rissington Rd||01451 820480||20% discount|
|Cotswold Farm Park – Near Guiting Power||01451 850 307||One free child per adult|
|Keith Harding’s World of Mechanical Music – The Oak House||01451 860181||One free adult with one paying adult|
|Bibury Trout Farm – Bibury||01285 740215||One free adult with one paying adult|
|The Bloody Bourton Walking Tour – Village Green||01451 820211||Friday or Saturday at 7pm - £1 discount|
|Garlands Little Sweet Shop||10% off|